With the Glaucoma Symposium quickly approaching, we want to share the COVID-19 safety guidelines that will be followed during the meeting. Guidelines may be adjusted if CDC/governmental guidance changes.
All attendees, including banquet guests, will be required to provide proof of full vaccination completed at least two weeks before attending the meeting. Fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks after the second shot (or after one shot of J&J) so final shot must have been administered by May 10. Booster shots are highly recommended for those eligible but are not required.
- Health screening questions will be asked at registration.
- Staff will verify vaccination with ID when attendees arrive to check in at Registration.
- Proof of vaccination can be the actual CDC vaccination card, a digital image of the CDC card, or by using CLEAR, a medical record app, or other similar apps, that clearly show the details of vaccination type and dates.
- Badges will be released to each registered attendee only. Registered personal guests must each pick up their own badge, show proof of vaccination, and answer the health screening questions.
In view of the heightened infectivity of the latest omicron variant and recent COVID-19 outbreaks in our community, attendees are expected to wear N95 masks (or equivalent) during the meeting except when actively presenting, eating, or drinking.
Other Sanitary Measures
- Hand sanitizers will be available throughout the meeting space.
- Microphones will be sanitized between uses
Active Health Concerns
Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms or a positive test should quarantine immediately and not attend any meeting functions. Call the hotel front desk for further quarantine instructions.
If an attendee needs to quarantine, this can be done in the attendee’s room. Security will work with individuals on all their needs and food orders.
We are excited to hold an in-person meeting again. We will work together to make it a safe environment for all.